Slider by IWEBIX
I do very much enjoy Afternoon Tea and so when the chance to review a complimentary Afternoon Tea at the Lanes of London restaurant which was chocolate themed came along, I absolutely jumped at the chance. As a specialist in writing about and tasting chocolate, I was looking forward to the experience.
The Choc on Choc afternoon tea is being offered at the Lanes of London restaurant at the Marriott on Park Lane and replaces some of the items with chocolate replicas. At £39.50 with no refreshed food but unlimited refreshments of the tea/coffee/hot chocolate, it is one of the pricier Afternoon Teas I’ve had this week (theoretically) but the Jing tea certainly made it an interesting Afternoon Tea experience.
The afternoon tea is brought on a multi-tier tray with glass shelves festooned with greenery to create a natural-looking base. Then layered on top are things like a little flowerpot containing cake, the chocolate cucumber sandwich, and other savouries and sweets.
So if you, like me, were wondering what element of the cucumber sandwich was chocolat, I can now say with confidence – all of it. There was a mostly solid white chocolate scone (a white chocolate capsule of jam made it a jam-filled, mostly solid white chocolate scone., Decorated to look just like a scone it was cute.
The solid white chocolate cucumber sandwich with white chocolate dyed green for the cucumber added to the chocolate pieces of the tea. It was finished off with two chocolate biscuit replicas with the milk chocolate digestive the one I ate the most of.
All in all I can absolutely confirm that if you are a white chocolate lover you are going to be in heaven with this Afternoon Tea. The Choc on Choc Afternoon Tea is available ONLY during Afternoon Tea Week so rush down now – you can book on the AfternoonTea.co.uk site
- August 16, 2018For #AfternoonTeaWeek only Choc on Choc #AfternoonTea at The Lanes of London(0) Comments
- August 14, 2018Celebrate #AfternoonTeaWeek This Week with #AfternoonTea - or Any Week of the Year with BuyAGift(0) Comments
- July 15, 2018How Grenada is Reinventing Our Indulgent Sweet Treat(1) Comments
- June 16, 2018Uh oh, It's Father's Day Tomorrow – What to do???(0) Comments
- April 26, 2018Brunch Any Day of the Week at #BeanyGreen in Paddington Basin by @DaisyGreenFood(4) Comments
- April 21, 2018National Tea Day 2018 is April 21st to 22nd April 2018(0) Comments
- April 19, 2018FREE COFFEE at Old St Station from Percol Coffee - But Bring Your Own Cup(0) Comments
- March 29, 2018Mini Lemon Meringue Pies Recipe from @konditorandcook(0) Comments
- March 19, 2018Yuzu & Honey Hot Cross Buns Easter Recipe from @YutakaNews(0) Comments
- March 16, 2018Easter Cocktails at Be @ One - Recipe for Honey Bunny Cocktail with Mozart Chocolate Liqueur(1) Comments