Slider by IWEBIX
Invited to the press launch of Bonne Maman fruit conserves and got to try my hand at making crepes and I made the BEST crepe of the day – GO ME!
They of course do all things sweet but they also made me a savoury crepe with goats cheese and their fig conservative and it was magical! So delicious I ate all of it!
So as I was with Bonne Maman I thought I’d take the opportunity to request some salted caramel sauce which is DIVINE! I cannot find it locally (either they hide it or don’t stock it) and as I was getting a jar LOOK at what they created – the perfect pancake day stack!
So these amazing salted caramel crepes are easy to replicate if you have a few minutes and a jar of salted caramel sauce!
Just make 10 traditional crepes:
125g plain flour
Pinch of salt
1 tbsp caster sugar
2 eggs beaten
25g melted butter plus extra for cooking
250ml semi-skim milk
3 tbsp cold water
Add dry ingredients into a bowl and make a well in the centre.
Add the beaten eggs to the well.
Whisk slowly with a balloon whisk and as you do, add in the melted butter, milk and water.
Whisk briskly into a thin batter.
Heat a pan and wipe a little melted butter over the base. A crepe pan works best though.
Drop a ladle full of batter and swirl around pan to thinly coat base.
Cook for 2 mins until underside golden, then flip and cook other side. Because it will be mostly cooked, you can fold to flip.
Cook for 1 more minute.
Stack the 10 crepes one by one, melting a 4 tbsp of salted caramel sauce and spreading a little between each layer.
On the top, drizzle the remaining salted caramel over the top.
If you are like me, you’ll likely use around 6tbsp of salted caramel sauce (ish) and there is no shame in licking the plate clean
- March 5, 2019Salted Caramel Pancake Stack for Pancake Day Recipe - #PancakeDay #BonneMaman(0) Comments
- February 28, 2019Byron Burger Bring Back B-Rex Brilliant Burger(0) Comments
- February 26, 2019Cutter & Squidge Launch New Bank Branch - Give @cutter_squidge a Try(0) Comments
- February 21, 2019Spring Tea by Sophie Faldo with Laurent Perrier - #GBBO Winner @sophiefaldo Wins Again with @ChampagneLPUK(1) Comments
- February 19, 2019Divine Chocolate Gin & Tonic Flavoured Chocolate Bar - #ginandtonic Nirvana from @divinechocolate(0) Comments
- February 15, 2019It's Not Just Stonehenge - Visit Avebury for Lunch in a Pub in the Stone Circle(0) Comments
- December 12, 2018Baileys Irish Cream Ultimate Hot Chocolate Shots Recipe(3) Comments
- December 1, 2018Metcalfe’s Popcorn Candy Cane Bars Recipe(0) Comments
- October 16, 2018Paul A Young and Chef Adam Handling launch new tasting menu exclusively for Chocolate Week, 15th-21st October(2) Comments
- September 20, 2018DIVINE CHOCOLATE INTRODUCES NEW ORGANIC HIGH COCOA RICH & DARK RANGE FEATURING FABULOUS FEELGOOD FLAVOURS AND COCOA FROM SÃO TOMÉ, WEST AFRICA(0) Comments