Slider by IWEBIX
There are two new kids on the Magnum block for their 25th anniversary at Selfridges in London until the end of August – crème brulee Magnums and Make-Your-Own-Magnums.
The Crème Brulee Magnum is a Selfridges exclusive. With pieces of caramelised sugar all through the custard ice cream and a ribbon of caramel encased in chocolate, it is a bit much if you, like me, are dehydrated. But given you don’t enjoy food properly when you are dehydrated (and you likely won’t be running around to Christmas events like I was) I’m sure you’ll remain properly hydrated and get the full effect.
The custard ice cream is quite thick and rich tasting which made me appreciate the studding with pieces of caramelised sugar. The pieces and their sweet crunch was a nice counterpoint to the ice cream. The caramel stripe was a welcome addition for me but might be a bit too much sweet for some folk.
The Make-Your-Own-Magnum is an experience and well worth the wait. There is always a queue here no matter what time you go.
You start by choosing your toppings. You’ll have time while in the queue to think about your ice cream but the toppings – how can you possibly decide on the toppings when you can have only a limited number of different bits?
I chose crisp chocolate balls, silvered crisp flakes and honeycomb with chocolate ice cream in a milk chocolate shell.
What an amazing dream! So delicious, so much fun and so almost over! Get to Selfridges before the end of Aug when it’ll disappear.
- August 15, 2014Magnum Summer 2014 Specials(0) Comments
- August 13, 2014Chocolate Tasting Workshop at Loncon3 Worldcon(2) Comments
- August 11, 2014Haagen Dazs #RealOrNothing Demonstrates Commitment to Quality Ice Cream(1) Comments
- July 25, 2014Shocking Gluten Free Brownies from Paul A Young(0) Comments
- July 24, 2014Nespresso Releases Cubania Coffee in A Little Bit of Cuba in London(0) Comments
- July 21, 2014NATIONAL AFTERNOON TEA WEEK 11TH-17TH AUGUST(0) Comments
- July 18, 2014Chococo Milk Chocolate Drops Reviewed(0) Comments
- July 17, 2014Dairy Milk Marvellous Mix-Ups - Maynards & Oreos(0) Comments
- July 16, 2014The Chocolate Library at Selfridges(2) Comments
- July 15, 2014 Ben & Jerry's Greek Style Frozen Yogurt Reviewed(0) Comments