Slider by IWEBIX
Makes one 25cm round cake
3 eggs at room temperature
227g caster sugar
1tsb vanilla extract
227g clotted cream (one pot of Rodda’s Cornish Clotted Cream)
210g plain flour
1tsb baking powder
1tsb baking soda
Pinch of salt
Line a 25cm round spring form tin greased and floured or use those funky liners from Lakeland (I don’t have any – I have merely heard rumours of them).
Do the normal of beating the eggs one at a time into the sugar until extremely well blended – so that it is much like a mousse and leaves a train when you lift the beaters out of the batter.
Next we won’t be beating the butter but stirring the clotted cream until smooth. It very quickly gains a silky texture as you stir but make sure you do so it all goes into the egg and sugar mix easily.
Once completely blended, sieve in the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and fold into the mix gently.
Pour the mixture into the tin and bake in a preheated oven for 55 min, checking at the 50min mark just in case. You want a Cake Tester to come out clean.
Allow to cool for at least 5min before removing from tin and once completely cooled, either leave naked or decorate with a vanilla butter-cream icing.
ENJOY! I certainly did with and without icing
- November 23, 2014Cornish Clotted Cream Cake Recipe(0) Comments
- November 22, 2014Easy Plain Madeira Cake Recipe - Golden vs White Caster Sugar Test(0) Comments
- November 21, 2014Taste of Winter Returns to London at Tobacco Docks(0) Comments
- November 20, 2014The 12 Valrhona Buche de Noel - Limited Editions(1) Comments
- November 18, 2014#WIN One of THREE Pairs of Tickets to the @FoodiesFestival Christmas(16) Comments
- November 12, 2014Free Chocolate Festival in Shrewsbury & I’m Speaking on The History of Chocolate(2) Comments
- October 24, 2014Fashionable Indulgence in W1 on Regent St - Where Else?(7) Comments
- October 22, 2014Urzi Cacao rar Merida Sur de Lago 65% Review(0) Comments
- October 20, 2014Idilio Carenero Urrutia Superior Chocolate Bar Reviewed(2) Comments
- October 17, 2014The Chocolate Show At Olympia West(2) Comments