Slider by IWEBIX
175g softened butter
175g golden caster sugar infused with crushed juniper
140g self-raising flour infused with crushed juniper
85g ground almonds infused with crushed juniper
1 tsp grown cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
Dash of salt
50mL gin infused with 1tbsp coriander
grated zest of one lime
grated zest of one orange
250g icing sugar
Splash of tonic
Lime slices to decorate
Before starting take a tablespoon of juniper berries and crus them slightly with a mortar and pestle or similar. Add to the measured sugar in a bag or jar, leaving it sealed for at least an hour. Do the same with the almonds and flour. You will have to sift the berries out later so don’t crush too small. Also crush the corriander and add it to the gin to steep and enhance the flavour.
Heat oven to 160C or 150C for a fan oven.
Line your muffin tin with 12 paper cases. These sweat a lot so you might want to use foil cases.
Beat the butter and sifted sugar (to remove juniper berries) together with an electric whisk or whatever but a lot until the mix is light and fluffy.
Beat in the eggs one at a time, beating each a bit first then fully beating in to the batter.
Add the cinnamon and vanilla.
Add the sifted flour and sifted almond flour (to remove juniper berries).
In a measuring cup first add the milk to 30mL measure then add the tonic to the 50mL measure (making it 20mL of tonic), then add strained gin (to remove the crushed coriander). Lastly add a pinch/dash of salt and whisk. Add this mix to the batter and whip in.
Finally add the grated zests and mix well.
Add around 60g of batter to each cupcake paper. Add more if there is spare.
Bake for 15-20 mins until golden, risen and a skewer poked in the centre comes out clean.
Let cool out of the muffin tin (remember these will sweat) and make the icing by adding the icing sugar to a bowl and pouring the gin in and mixing a bit. Next add softened butter and start to whip. If you have juniper extract it will help bring out the gin flavour.
Once cooled spread the icing on, add a lime slice to garnish and ENJOY!
- August 28, 2015Ultimate Boozy Gin and Tonic Cupcakes Recipe(0) Comments
- August 25, 2015Great British Spiced Chocolate Competition – Have you entered yet?(0) Comments
- August 14, 2015Best Chocolate Cupcake Recipe Ever with Ultimate Chocolate Frosting Recipe(6) Comments
- August 12, 2015Afternoon Tea Chocolates for #AfternoonTeaWeek from Paul A Young(1) Comments
- August 10, 2015Godiva Reserve Privee Chocolate Collection(0) Comments
- August 7, 2015Get Ready for Afternoon Tea Week 2015(0) Comments
- August 6, 2015Quick and Easy Cinnamon Roll Croissants(4) Comments
- August 5, 2015Haagen Dazs Brings #RealorNothing Master Ice Cream Academy to Bloomsbury Sq Today Only(0) Comments
- August 4, 2015Un-WINE-d in Arizona with Wine and Relaxation(0) Comments
- August 2, 2015Summertime Chocolates to Chill from Hotel Chocolat COMPETITION (UK only)(85) Comments