Slider by IWEBIX
It’s something I looked forward to last year and was gutted to have missed but then it was the salted caramel competition. This is a chance for chocolatiers old and new, amateur and professional, to get their spice on and create something amazing.
Sponsored by that well-known chocolate *and* spice destination Grenada, the Great British Spiced Chocolate Challenge brings together this island’s two delicious exports – spice and chocolate – and challenges chocolatiers to create something outstanding with them. Last year’s inaugural competition saw Iain Burnett, the Highland Chocolatier, win top spot with his salted chocolate and instead of salt, this year competitors will be able to work with 300 spices supplied by British artisan spice company Seasoned Pioneers.
The Great British Spiced Chocolate Challenge is a national competition open to both amateur and professional chocolatiers and those who work with chocolate to create a new and exciting chocolate product. This year spice is the chosen ingredient. The challenge offers a high profile platform for the introduction of a new chocolate product/s to be fast-tracked into retailers and also featured in the media in the run up to Christmas 2015. The challenge in 2015 has gained major sponsorship and partners giving the challenge a prize fund expected to top £15,000. The prize fund makes the challenge one of the UK’s most prized culinary competitions of 2015.
GBSCC is to headline The Chocolate Hall at Selfridges for National Chocolate Week with all semi-finalist, all 23 being invited in store for the week. Selfridges as the official GBSCC retailer will also stock the top three winning spiced chocolates exclusively in the run up to Christmas.
GBSCC is also headlining The Chocolate Show with The House and Garden Pavilion and main stage judging for the semi finals and finals and a winners showcase. I’ll be there – Will you?
- August 25, 2015Great British Spiced Chocolate Competition – Have you entered yet?(0) Comments
- August 14, 2015Best Chocolate Cupcake Recipe Ever with Ultimate Chocolate Frosting Recipe(6) Comments
- August 12, 2015Afternoon Tea Chocolates for #AfternoonTeaWeek from Paul A Young(1) Comments
- August 10, 2015Godiva Reserve Privee Chocolate Collection(0) Comments
- August 7, 2015Get Ready for Afternoon Tea Week 2015(0) Comments
- August 6, 2015Quick and Easy Cinnamon Roll Croissants(4) Comments
- August 5, 2015Haagen Dazs Brings #RealorNothing Master Ice Cream Academy to Bloomsbury Sq Today Only(0) Comments
- August 4, 2015Un-WINE-d in Arizona with Wine and Relaxation(0) Comments
- August 2, 2015Summertime Chocolates to Chill from Hotel Chocolat COMPETITION (UK only)(85) Comments
- July 31, 2015Chocolate Salted Caramel Swiss Roll Roulade Recipe with UK & US Instructions(2) Comments