Slider by IWEBIX
I volunteered like some kind of foolish person to do a free tasting for 150 people at Loncon – the World Science Fiction and Fantasy Convention which came to London for the first time in over half a century. Having already bought my membership and paid for my hotel I then decided to work the convention as well. >DOH< To do this I had to ask for a little help from my chocolate friends.
I bought some catering cups and then got some flyers – one for everyone attending the tasting. Since advanced signup was required I knew we’d not get more than the 150 but still made up 160 flyer sets. In order to make sure everyone understood what they were doing and tasting I wanted to make sure everyone had information about what they were tasting.
I called the session “From Tree to Tummy” since I was going to talk about how chocolate is grown, fermented, dried, roasted and more then we were going to try nibs from Paul A Young before going on to taste chocolate from Original Beans, Askinosie, Duffy, Willie’s Cacao and Pump Street Bakery.
I encouraged everyone to visit Fortnum’s to buy Pump St Bakery chocolate, Duffy’s Chocolate and Original Beans. I also recommended Selfridges for Original Beans and Willie’s Cacao (plus recommended the black pearls – YUM). I instructed people that they absolutely had to go to Paul A Young to not only buy Duffy’s chocolate but also Paul’s amazing chocolates!
Getting ethical chocolate online is easy as well which means you can get it no matter whee in the world you are!
Original Beans Online
Willie’s Cacao Online (plus you can buy it at Waitrose as well as elsewhere)
Pump St Bakery Online
Choose delicious ethical chocolate. It may cost more but you are supporting farmers directly getting higher prices for their beans. In many cases there are no middle men. That means no brokers taking a cut for doing nothing meaning farmers directly benefit. Choose ethical chocolate, choose one of the 5 above.
- September 19, 2014Teaching Loncon 3 How To Taste Chocolate with Original Beans, Willie's Cacao, Pump St Bakery, Askinosie and Duffy(0) Comments
- September 17, 2014Idilio Porcelana Criollo Puro Chocolate Bar Reviewed(4) Comments
- September 15, 2014Prestat Pecan & Maple Dream and Toasted Pistachio Reviewed(0) Comments
- September 12, 2014Illanka Truffles by Nadege Toronto Reviewed(6) Comments
- September 10, 2014Domori Hot Chocolate at the Illy Café on Regent Street Reviewed(5) Comments
- September 8, 2014Take A Fancy's Gooey Pecans Reviewed(0) Comments
- September 5, 2014Stellar Line Up Joins The Cake & Bake Show London for Baking Fun This October(4) Comments
- September 3, 2014Barros Colheita 40 Year Old Tawny Port(0) Comments
- September 1, 2014New Nespresso 2014 Limited Edition Cubania Coffee Reviewed(3) Comments
- August 15, 2014Magnum Summer 2014 Specials(0) Comments