Slider by IWEBIX
In 1840 Anne, the seventh Duchess of Bedford, started requesting tea, bread and cake at 4pm to stave off hunger until dinner, and soon after afternoon tea became a much-loved, quintessentially British tradition.
National Afternoon Tea Week celebrates this great heritage with a week of activities, themed menus and offers in hotels, restaurants and tearooms across the UK in August.
Whether you’re an afternoon tea aficionado or yet to enjoy the delights of delectable treats with tea, during National Afternoon Tea Week you’ll be able to enjoy 25% off a range of afternoon teas. Iconic afternoon tea destinations already taking part include The Dochester, Kettners, Sketch and The Corinthia Hotel London with many more to be announced shortly.
Keith Newton, founder of Afternoon Tea Week, says ‘We created Afternoon Tea Week to celebrate this most British of dining traditions and to give tourists and locals alike the opportunity to step inside and experience some of the country’s most exquisite afternoon tea venues. From famous five-star hotels in London to a castle in Gloucestershire, luxury stores to double decker buses, there’s something for everyone.’
Find out what’s happening in your region on afternoontea.co.uk, the online home of afternoon tea.
- July 21, 2014NATIONAL AFTERNOON TEA WEEK 11TH-17TH AUGUST(0) Comments
- July 18, 2014Chococo Milk Chocolate Drops Reviewed(0) Comments
- July 17, 2014Dairy Milk Marvellous Mix-Ups - Maynards & Oreos(0) Comments
- July 16, 2014The Chocolate Library at Selfridges(2) Comments
- July 15, 2014 Ben & Jerry's Greek Style Frozen Yogurt Reviewed(0) Comments
- July 14, 2014Blossom Hill Launches 2 New Wines For the Fridge(0) Comments
- July 4, 2014Cadbury Keeps Sharing the Joy WIN a Fashionable 2.2kg Chocolate Shoe!(64) Comments
- June 19, 2014Wild Sweets Ganache Selection Reviewed(2) Comments
- June 18, 2014Wild Sweets caRaMel Collection Reviewed(0) Comments
- June 17, 2014Wild Sweets pRaliNe Collection Reviewed(0) Comments