Slider by IWEBIX
It’s officially summer – the season to enjoy fresh summer fruit, al fresco dining and BBQs in the garden.
With English cherries at the height of their season this month, the Federation of Quebec Maple Syrup Producers created a recipe to showcase them in all their glory.
Their cream cheese fritters with English summer cherries and pure maple syrup from Quebec (or Ontario) make a lovely breakfast, brunch or dessert. The delicate creaminess of the cheese offsets the rich sweetness of the cherries and maple syrup to create a light yet indulgent summer treat.
For the fritters:
200g cream cheese
250g cottage cheese, well drained
2 large eggs
1 tsp natural vanilla extract
40g maple sugar
40g chopped raisins
Grated lemon zest
75g plain flour (plus extra for dusting)
4 tbsp unsalted butter
2 tbsp vegetable oil
For the cherries and maple syrup:
175ml pure maple syrup from Quebec
200g fresh cherries
1 lemon, squeezed for juice
Place cream cheese, cottage cheese, eggs, vanilla extract and sugar in a bowl.
Beat until smooth. Stir in raisins and lemon zest.
Sieve flour and combine.
Cover and refrigerate for four hours, or overnight.
Roll into balls with excess flour, flatten into disks.
Place on baking tray with greaseproof paper.
Melt butter and oil in frying pan and cook fritters for 2 minutes each side until golden brown.
Keep warm in low oven.
Heat maple syrup, lemon juice, cherries and 1 tbsp of water in a pan until cherries become soft.
Serve the fritters warm with cherries.
Any fresh of preserved fruit can be used. All seasonal fruits can be used e.g. poached pears and pineapple would be a good alternative.
- July 30, 2016Cream cheese fritters with English summer maple cherries(0) Comments
- July 27, 2016The Ultimate Experience for Rich Wine Lovers: A 15 Day Extravaganza Tasting 78 Wines(0) Comments
- July 17, 2016East India Company Launches Ice Cream to Beat the Summer Heat with Quality Coolness(0) Comments
- July 10, 2016Matching Wine or Beer to Your Picnic this Summer(2) Comments
- June 24, 2016Easy Delicious Posh Dessert Crepes Recipe(0) Comments
- June 17, 2016Cutter and Squidge Cakes & Biskies & Cookies(0) Comments
- June 10, 2016Easy Chocolate Marbled Meringues with Chopped Hazelnuts Dessert Recipe (UK/US Instructions)(0) Comments
- June 7, 2016A Trio of Soma - Madagascar, Bachelors Hall and Guatemala Dark Chocolate Bars(0) Comments
- June 5, 2016Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe Ever - TheBoyWhoBakes Chocolate Chunk Cookie Recipe(6) Comments
- May 23, 2016Canadian Maple Doughnuts with Blackberry Filling (UK/US Measures)(0) Comments