Metcalfes Salted Caramel Popcorn Blondies Recipe
There’s nothing quite like a brownie – unless it’s a blondie 😉
A blondie is a rich, sweet, kind of brownie but it’s missing the chocolate bit. It mostly resembles a chocolate brownie, but substitutes vanilla for the cocoa used in brownies.
170g salted butter (melted)
170g light brown sugar
110g granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
350g plain flour
200g caramel or white chocolate chips
150g honey roasted peanuts (optional)
Metcalfe’s salted caramel popcorn
Salted caramel sauce (shop bought or homemade)
1. Combine butter & sugars by whipping together in a bowl.
2. Into the sugar mix, add the egg & vanilla.
3. Fold in the flour, followed by the chocolate chips (and peanuts if you are using them) and lightly blend together, being careful not to overmix.
4. Pour batter into a lined 8″ square tin that has been buttered and dusted with flour so it releases once baked or lined with parchment.
5. Cover the surface with salted caramel popcorn and push it down slightly.
6. Drizzle with caramel sauce.
7. Bake at 160 degrees for 20-25 minutes until just golden.
8. Allow to cool before cutting and serving