Slider by IWEBIX
There’s nothing quite like a warm hot chocolate that is just hot enough to warm your hands around and not too hot so that it burns your mouth. I’ve been making my own hot chocolate with just chocolate and water plus a bit of milk or Bailey’s for ages buit this is a lovely alternative to that recipe.
Paul A Young is a multi-award winning chocolatier and a bit of a TV star to boot. I always buy myself four salted caramel chocolates as a treat for myself when I’m in Soho and I to think you should too 😉
Preparation time: 10 minutes
500 ml water
100g unrefined golden caster sugar
25g cocoa powder
100g 70% dark chocolate broken into pieces or chocolate chips
In a saucepan, bring the water, sugar and cocoa powder to a simmer for 2 minutes.
Add the chocolate and whisk until the chocolate has melted.
Just before serving whisk very well until frothy, then pour into a drinking receptacle of your choice.
Make in advance and store in the fridge until needed and reheat in a saucepan.
Add spices while cooking for an aromatic hot chocolate.
Add a measure of whisky or brandy for a warming winter hot chocolate
Paul’s chocolates can be found at http://www.paulayoung.co.uk/ and his book which benefits the charity Children’s Air Ambulance is available here: https://www.childrensairambulance.org.uk/chocolate/
- December 9, 2017Paul A Young’s Hot Chocolate Recipe(0) Comments
- December 7, 2017Simple Rosemary sea salt caramels Recipe from Waitrose(0) Comments
- December 5, 2017Metcalfes Salted Caramel Popcorn Blondies Recipe(0) Comments
- November 27, 2017Simple & Easy Dark Chocolate Almond Ginger Bark Recipe(0) Comments
- October 13, 2017Quick & Easy Espresso Brownie Recipe for Ultimate Coffee Brownies(1) Comments
- October 11, 2017The London Greek Wine Festival 2017(2) Comments
- October 9, 2017Meat, Drink and be Merry with Young's and Geronimo Game and Wine Nights(0) Comments
- October 6, 2017Howard Middleton's Gluten Free Cacaoccino Wafer Cake(0) Comments
- October 2, 2017Cake and Bake – It's Bigger and Back With Legends!(1) Comments
- September 1, 2017Velvet Edition from Green & Blacks – The Collection Reviewed(1) Comments